Packing your things is one of the most challenging work when you are about to travel – especially for a long trip. You need to pack only the things that are the most important for you and you frequently using. But how about when there are a lot of things that are necessary for you? How can you pack your things lightly?
Given the fact that for women, there are a lot of things they are using for a daily routine in their everyday lives. How will they pack their things lightly for a long trip? This article will provide you with some techniques and hacks that you can use in your future travel.
Secrets to Packing Your Things Lightly
Packing your things depends on how long would your trip will be, the destination you will be heading to, the activities you are about to do, and of course, the weather.
First, you need to pick the right bag for you. Most people are always filling all the space they have when they pack – and that’s not a good idea. The main secret to packing your things lightly is to provide less space for yourself. If you get to pick the bag that is not totally huge or simple enough for you, you will find yourself filling your bag with more efficient things you will be needed – that will also benefit you to travel lighter. Another thing you need to keep in mind when packing things is that you only pack the “must-have” items and not the “just-in-case” ones.
Packing your things lightly means you need to sacrifice your other stuff – take only half of your clothes, and double your money. If you will travel for a long trip – specifically for a month or so, pack only for a week. Lastly, when it comes to your footwear, you need to bring just your lightest pair. If you think that it is bulky, you should at least wear it and don’t try to pack it because it will consume a lot of space.
Tips for Packing Lightly
- Make your packing checklists
- Use packing cubes if necessary
- Roll your clothes, don’t fold it
- Set apart the things you need on a flight (wallet, cellphone, earphones, etc.)
- Pack your stuff according to your set of outfit
- Bring only travel size of your go-to kits (skincare, meds, makeups, etc.)
- Your bag must be waterproofed
- Your socks should be placed inside your shoes
- Don’t forget to bring your laundry bag with you
- Lastly, always be ready to go!
Some Benefits of Packing Lightly
Numerous benefits packing your things light will provide you. Here are some of it:
- You don’t pay for extra baggage fees
- No more trolley fess in the airport
- It will allow you to pack quickly at home and even in your destination
- Will not cause you to hassle during your trips
- You can go wherever you want to without thinking about the size of your bag
- Decreases risk of having a body injury